Thursday 20 June 2013

Pollito Pio!

Hello out there!

Pollito Pio! The little chicken had us all dancing today....
Today was day two of our literacy assessments. We powered through Phoneme Segmentation and Letter-Sound Recognition. Everyone did great and we got some very good information. And Rebekah gets an MVP award for completing 4 assessment slides in a row.
And the shared reading portion of our day was lovey and relaxing! Reading for fun is exactly that - FUN...for the most part, anyway.

We are excited (and just a little sad!) to tell you that we are going on vacation. For the next two weeks we will not be at the University. We will be at the lake or other fun places. After this well-deserved break, we will be ready to start our summer literacy program again on July 10. We are delighted to be adding new literacy students Megan and Avery to the mix. SO much to look forward to.
Enjoy the next few weeks, folks!

Daily Shout-outs:

Kennen - Reed and Renee, come on down to the lake!


2 comments:

  1. I love the excitement in these posts about literacy - who knew you could have fun with Phoneme Recognition. Why don't they call it Sound Recognition so I can say it - but as I sit here listening to the road sounds outside my door I guess I know why it is not simplified to 'sound recognition'. I am looking forward to joining you after the holiday. Have a great time at the lake Kennen and Kaitlyn. Rebekah should we find a lake? Oh but we do have the ocean to look forward to. Brenda m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys, checking out your blog has become something I look forward to, so no more vacation! Get back to work! lol. Hope you're enjoying your time off, and can't wait to hear more about your activities and literacy skills.

    ReplyDelete